Monday, May 5, 2008

Personal Triumph

So, today, I neither finished either sweater nor have I yet finished cleaning the house.

But I did run for thirty minutes. Straight.

Not fast, not overly far, but without stopping. I have never, to my memory, done this before. If I keep doing this (and things like it) my goal of being much more in shape becomes a possibility, unlinke me knitting lace any time soon. And no, I'm not going to start racing, Suzee. (No one is allowed to point out that I also said that spinning held no interest for me, either.)

Cobblestone makes a nice post-run capelet-in-the-basement, though, don't you think?

10 comments:

cpurl17 said...

Whoo hoo!!
Will we see you in theBay to Breakers?

turtlegirl76 said...

WOW! 30 Minutes straight? I can only dream of that day. Congratulations!

Kate said...

I have lots of respect for those who run without the faintest interest in doing so, myself... unless I'm trying to escape something large and hungry. ;)

Congratulations on your 30 minutes! And progress on the sweater, too!

suzee said...

Yesssssss. Exxxxxcellent, EXXXXcellent. Heh heh heh.

{yay, you!}

Charity said...

Congratulations on your big run! I can't imagine at this point running that long. :0)

Morenna said...

I said I wouldn't enter races either. I still earned myself a marathon finisher's medal in 2004. It starts small and innocently with the charity 5K ("It's for a good cause and it will motivate me to exercise!") and it's all downhill from there. :o)

(Congrats on your run!)

Yarn It said...

Congrats on your 30 minute run! It is an accomplishment. Running is not easy. I love it but it took me a long time to love it.

Cobblestone is looking great!

Lara said...

Congrats! I'm looking forward to that day.

Katherine said...

Yay you! That's an accomplishment.

I really need to get off my ass. Five of my friends did a 5K on Sunday. Where was I? Well, packing. But not running!

Cobblestone looks great. And the reason I don't clean that much is that there IS no finishing the job. Uck. Highly unmotivating.

allisonmariecat said...

30 minutes!!! Wow. I could maybe do 2 minutes, if I were being pursued by a homicidal maniac and thus amply motivated. Impressive.

Love Cobblestone!