Sunday, June 15, 2008

Hi, High Summer

I have got to pull the blackout shades down in my room.

Because, like so much out there in the world, I'm utterly photophilic. Even through the early-morning summer fog here (one of my delights about where I live), the sun calls me. "Up, up! Do! Be! Play!" Notice how "Grade, grade!" isn't in the vocabulary?

Maybe it's my Sicilian peasant ancestry coming in. I feel as though I have enough energy to plow a field and stomp some grapes. Then end it all with a huge family dinner and some really good cheese.

Instead, I think I'll do some laundry and get the scones out of the oven.

I hope summer is all it can be for you.

2 comments:

allisonmariecat said...

If you start stomping grapes, you MUST post pictures :)

Mmmm...scones...it's been too hot to have the oven on, even in the morning. Supposed to cool down a bit next week, so I'll have to bake.

Morenna said...

I'm solar powered too. I have to remember to open my blackout curtains at night or else I have a heck of a time getting up in the morning. I'd never make it at either Pole in the winter.