Saturday, August 11, 2012

This is what we came for. . .

Every time we sing that part of the chant while running at boot camp, I think, "No it isn't. . .  well, okay, it is. Sort of. . . how much longer?" and by then, the run is nearing an end.

But today -- this really is why I did this crazy cross-country thing:



The team was outplayed by a good number of the other teams. If you go here, you can see the brackets, and poking around on the site will give you rosters. The team our team lost to by one point on a hotly contested call had primarily 17 and 18 year olds.

I only wish I had a series of pictures of my 12 year old on the series where she either threw a key point or caught it. Her coach tackled her in joy on the field. Twelve years old and playing her heart out and making a contribution. I love this sport.

In fact, it was hard for me to watch BMX racing as an Olympic event last night without muttering about an unfair world. . .

No comments: