Sunday, February 22, 2009

First Crush

I really did finish.


The name of the pattern is "First Crush" in Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool, and should one wish to purchase this pattern, it can be had at Piedmont Yarn. It's a little thing (despite the outrageous length of ruffling), but I'm pleased not only that it's knit up, but that it's written up. Even fiddling with the leaf pattern was kind of fun. There wre the usual Keystone Kops moments due to the fact that until I sat down and typed it out, my "pattern" was scribbled numbers on a piece of used paper.


Probably not what I'd wear usually, but fun, and that's about all one can hope for, huh?



(crooked picture courtesy of a 3 1/2 year old)
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

katesaid said...

A very neat project - my mother would love it. Mental note jotted down...

Susan said...

It looks fabulous! I love the first photo--really gorgeous. It is great to see it come together. And the name is smashing.

allisonmariecat said...

Oh, how fun! I love the ruffle (though they take forever to make, so I like looking at them more than I do knitting them), the colors, the quirk. Great scarf! Now you need to knit a matching wine bag to carry around when you wear it :)

patricia said...

The woman who once said she couldn't follow lace patterns is now designing and *writing up* complicated scarf patterns?

You are impressive, as is your scarf. Beautiful.

Kristin Sherman Olnes said...

The frill on you scarf is too cute. I love it. Kristin