Monday, March 13, 2006

Wool Dreams

My dream life is active and, er, somewhat bizarre.

This morning I woke from dreaming that I had a yarn shop and only I knew about the big closeout sale. All yarn was $1US a skein. Whoopie!! I bought a shopping cart full. I could even recognize one of the yarns I chose if I saw it now. Even in my dream, I found the salesclerks weirdly pushy about sock yarn. "Don't you want sock yarn? Here, buy this skein. It makes a feathery top on your sock! Buy some sock yarn -- no one can have too much. Here's cashmere sock yarn!" I caved and bought some sock yarn.

Then, while I was trying to pay, my cart rolled into the street and was hit by a car! Yarn everywhere! My reaction? I was embarassed.

And then I had to go and pick up all of the yarn. It wasn't much damaged, and people were very helpful.

Next, either I or my spouse or my eldest child had enlisted in some branch of the New Zealand military. Cute uniform and all. And what was the new recruit's first task? Why, to learn to spin, of course.

What that says about my priorities or my thoughts about New Zealand are best left to dream analysts, I suppose.

8 comments:

sewingsuzee said...

sounds like a good fantasy...$1 yarnnnnnnnn...mmmm... donuts...

aurora said...

Hmmm...now, NZ jokes are somewhat of a national sport here in Australia. I won't go into them. Let's say that sheep play a major role.

Darn tooting my knitted stuff is accenting the place! And later in the year, we'll get to 4 C here indoors too - I live in one of the few non-alpine places in Australia that gets snow in winter. I don't envy you, though. I like the cold, but only when I am snuggled up in a WARM house!

Rain said...

You know you knit too much when.........

Janis said...

The yarn store part sounds like my normal day :--)

bfmomma said...

Oh, wow... that sounds divine (I'd risk the embarassment of picking up the yarn to get all of that).

I wish my dreams would venture into the creative side. I just keep re-dreaming "Joseph"... ugh... soon it'll all be over! :)

String Bean said...

$1 yarn ...I'll take that, and the cashmere sock yarn. I'll be darned if I'd use it for socks...

Brittany said...

Now everyone knows how the Kiwis and sheep get along. *raises eyebrow*

hee heee. Just joking! Everyone knows that it's the greeks that are most into it!

Good lord you should ban me or block me or whatever now!

K said...

You have such a rich dream life! You could make it into a stream of conciousness novel/movie! Think of all the colors. LOL