Sunday, May 6, 2012

Tired, tired, tired

.

Talking for three hours shouldn't be this tiring, but I'm wiped out. I've offered things like "Spinach and spinach" for dinner, but no one is biting. I may have to go get something. We're even out of Jack cheese for quesadillas


The kids made out with a lemonade stand, and I discovered that honey lemonade is actually pretty good.


The tour went well, I think.

Not as many people as in years past, which was nice. I think we may have crested the wave on coop tours.




Eric did an awful lot of talking for him.
It was hot and windy all day. I need to keep an eye on the plants' water needs over the next week.

About 1/3 of the garden is ready to rip out. Guess I'll plant red clover in the absence of any crop I want to put in right now.

It was nice to share the garden with a lot of new people, but now I want to lie down and go to sleep. Week 3 of boot camp starts tomorrow, and I'm sure it's going to be a challenge.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Sorry we didn't make it to your place.

It seemed like this year's tour wasn't as well-promoted as in the past. I had to really dig to find out the dates.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a busy day. The kids must have had fun with the lemonade stand. Rest up.

Erin said...

It's a wonderful thing you do every year!

Stefaneener said...

Lisa, we missed you. I was just saying that to Eric last night. I thought it was Saturday for weeks. . . it was in the East Bay Express, but that's it.

GrafixMuse, they did, they did. I didn't really see them until evening.

Erin, thanks. I wonder if we'll do it again. I think maybe I'm so blase about the chickens that I'm not a good promoter to new, excited people. I'm not quite rolling my eyes and saying, "Yeah, yeah, yeah," but it is uncomfortably close.

Daphne Gould said...

I'm sure everyone appreciated your work.