Sunday, May 6, 2012

Tired, tired, tired

.

Talking for three hours shouldn't be this tiring, but I'm wiped out. I've offered things like "Spinach and spinach" for dinner, but no one is biting. I may have to go get something. We're even out of Jack cheese for quesadillas


The kids made out with a lemonade stand, and I discovered that honey lemonade is actually pretty good.


The tour went well, I think.

Not as many people as in years past, which was nice. I think we may have crested the wave on coop tours.




Eric did an awful lot of talking for him.
It was hot and windy all day. I need to keep an eye on the plants' water needs over the next week.

About 1/3 of the garden is ready to rip out. Guess I'll plant red clover in the absence of any crop I want to put in right now.

It was nice to share the garden with a lot of new people, but now I want to lie down and go to sleep. Week 3 of boot camp starts tomorrow, and I'm sure it's going to be a challenge.

5 comments:

. . . Lisa and Robb . . . said...

Sorry we didn't make it to your place.

It seemed like this year's tour wasn't as well-promoted as in the past. I had to really dig to find out the dates.

GrafixMuse said...

Sounds like a busy day. The kids must have had fun with the lemonade stand. Rest up.

Erin said...

It's a wonderful thing you do every year!

Stefaneener said...

Lisa, we missed you. I was just saying that to Eric last night. I thought it was Saturday for weeks. . . it was in the East Bay Express, but that's it.

GrafixMuse, they did, they did. I didn't really see them until evening.

Erin, thanks. I wonder if we'll do it again. I think maybe I'm so blase about the chickens that I'm not a good promoter to new, excited people. I'm not quite rolling my eyes and saying, "Yeah, yeah, yeah," but it is uncomfortably close.

Daphne said...

I'm sure everyone appreciated your work.