Monday, November 3, 2008

It might work if I live

After straightening the house, finishing the laundry, helping kids do math, making breakfast, and doing my work, then I got to do the directed clean/sort/purge. The woman I hired and I did four hours of getting rid of and moving things, mostly in the basement, as that's going to be the storage area for the rest of the house.

Also, I had no clue what I wanted to do with the kitchen or bedrooms.

By the time we were done, I was pretty sure I wasn't cooking tonight, as I hadn't managed to get to the store. I was also feeling a bit poorly. So I drove to the local Indian place. By the time dinner came along, I couldn't enjoy it so much -- my throat hurt.

Now, lying on the couch grading Robinson Crusoe papers, I think I'm getting Round 2 (3?) of the throat-centric cold.

Just peachy. I may clear the clean laundry off of the bed without actually folding it and crawl in for an early night. Poor Eric has a late meeting; I hope he's feeling better than this.

4 comments:

Katherine said...

Man, that's a really productive day. I mean really. I haven't had a day like that in a long time. Sorry you've got the cold - I hope you did just ditch the laundry and get a good night's sleep.

suzee said...

Yowsa! You GO.

I think it's going to be a brutal sick season this year, just based on what I'm seeing at work. You know about Gan Mao Lin, right? Right? Miraculous stuff. Run (methaphorically) to the Natural Grocery and get some! You can't make the kids take it (actually, T1 might, my kids do), but you can save yourself.

allisonmariecat said...

Wow, I'm not that productive in, like, two weeks!

Hope the misery is short-lived. Feel better.

(Interesting-the word verification has a recommendation for you: ungag. Weird.)

Ruby Louise said...

Congrats on the cleaning/organizing! Condolences on the return of the cold. Ugh. Hope you feel better soon.