Friday, May 1, 2009

Big Ag isn't happy

The people who make their money convincing folks that IPM and organic methods "can't work," and "aren't feasible" are worried that First Lady Michelle Obama's organic-in-practice garden will inspire others.

You can read the article here.

So folks like me and Denise, who are managing to eat (hopefully an increasing portion) our food from our yards grown without sprays, are probably just the sorts of people they're not happy about. Although, truth be told, they wouldn't have been happy with my "buy organic only" approach anyhow.

Now, if I could only manage a non-chemical method of chicken wrangling. . .

2 comments:

Susan said...

That was an inspiring article. Ignorant of American History as I am I did not know that Eleanor Roosevelt kicked off the victory garden movement.

When I get back from my trip I am going to build a square foot garden in my front yard...completely enclosed with chickenwire (or some more attractive material??suggestions welcome) to keep away the deer.

Stefaneener said...

I love the idea of a caged garden. My friend in the desert had a huge cage for her garden -- maybe 20x40'? Worked great!

Your neighbors are going to love you. Let's brainstorm about attractiveness increasers.