Thursday, December 21, 2006

Perfectly Normal, Really

Well, I'm still not knitting. I have some hopes for the upcoming weekend, but nothing yet. Thanks to Jacquie, though, I can do the meme that everyone else is doing. A confession, first. I had to ask my spouse and kids for ideas because I'm generally believe I'm just about as "normal" as they come.

THE RULES:Each player of this game starts with the ‘6 weird things about you.’ People who get tagged need to write a blog of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments and tell them to read your blog.”

Six Weird Things About Me

1. The morning newspaper -- please please please give it to me in perfectly crisp, straight layers, so I can open it like a book and read it from front to back. If you're really my friend, cull the parts I don't want also.

2. I had all four of my children at home with midwives.

3. I despise flossing my teeth. I would never ever do it if I were in charge. However, I realize the necessity thereof. So much for the fun of adulthood.

4. I shower with my spouse about 90% of the time. We started doing this when it was really fun and exciting, and the habit just stuck. We have some of our best conversations in the shower, and now it's one of the few places we're not beset with children. Thing 4 has started flapping the curtain open and talking to us, but she'll grow out of that if past history holds true.

5. I routinely get songs by George Michael, the Carpenters, Barry Manilow, and Tears for Fears stuck in my head. None of these are artists that I particularly enjoy.

6. I have uttterly bizarre and detailed dreams. Nearly every night.

That's it. Now I just have to think of six poor people to tag. Sheesh. That's why I don't usually do these things.

But wait -- there are a couple of new knitted items in the house:




Here's hoping you all have warm hands.

8 comments:

BeanMama said...

Me too on #6. Me too on #2 (though I just have 1 -- but if we have more you can bet I'll be at home. When asked where she was born my daughter shouts "on the COUCH downstairs!!") but I wish it wasn't considered a strange thing. Maybe in a few more years no one will bat an eye at it, eh? Here's hoping.

And I LOVE the showering together regularly idea. We'll have to implement that when DD will let us shower without her. ;)

Jacquie said...

Thanks so much for playing along!

I have had "Last Christmas I Gave you my Heart" running through my head the last few days. I quite like that one, but glad it hasn't been a Barry Manilow one - won't mention any by name in case it sticks unwelcomely in your head and you begin to hate me!

amy said...

wow, tears for fears??? mwahahah!

I, too, hate to floss.

Anonymous said...

Not long ago, I saw Stephen Colbert and Barry Manilow do a duet that was so cheesy it was moving. I believe BM is aware of his cheesiness.

He wrote most of the famous jingles from the 1970's. Little-known Barry M. facts.

Nice mitts! It's mitt-o-mania on the internets lately.

Charity said...

This is a fun meme. I agree - I think I'm basically normal, at least, I did until I did my own list! :0)

Love those warm hands - what a happy family you must have!

Anonymous said...

I had to really work on this meme, too-I know I'm "quirky" but don't exactly what makes me that way; my 15 yr old was enthusiasticaly willing to offer suggestions :P
I thought it might be the carousel at Tilden- we'll have to go sometime. I plan on being home next year- this is our 4th Christmas traveling in a row!
You all have a Happy Christmas & a blessed, safe New Year!

sarabeada said...

Never ever go to the carousel the weekend before cristmas eve (we did!):o

Rain said...

Aw, warm hands all round.

I hate getting awful songs stuck in my head, yours sounds as bad as mine!