Thursday, December 7, 2006

Thanks to everyone for your supportive comments. I didn't mean to ruin Christmas -- um, think of it as an early present? I didn't live here during Loma Prieta, but I lived in the San Fernando Valley area of California during the 1972 earthquake (missed the Northridge one), and it was terrifying. I don't like knowing that there's one coming, but I like knowing it better with a smidge of prep.

Here's to encouraging us toward better preparation for life!

Today, I finished this:


It's easily five years "late," but in one sense it's early.


Maybe it will fit her this fall.

9 comments:

Elspeth said...

The sweater is gorgeous! Oh, and I was actually in the Northridge quake, not Loma Prieta. I understand it was pretty bad, however.

Brittany said...

Oh my goodness it's ADORABLE! The little one looks great in it and will look better once grown into it.

Lara said...

Cute! And it should fit for a long while. :)

Charity said...

She looks wonderful, and the sweater is great! Don't feel bad - my Mum constantly cut out patterns to make me clothes, and they always ended up finished in time to fit my younger sister. Only once did she ever actually finish something to fit me! :0) (It's nice to know I come by this naturally, though.)

Anonymous said...

The sweater turned out great! She looks sooo cute in it.
I went thru Loma Prieta, plus went thru 1 tornado in KS, PLUS my father is an Eagle scout, so "Be Prepared" has been a family motto. Though I have to admit, I've gotten a bit lazy living out in Tracy- I really need to update & replace some stuff. Thanks for the reinder about backing up the pictures.
We are now entering night #9 & still no comment on the bed. I beginning to think Chris is yanking my chain, but as I more patient (& stubborn) I will not give in! I will make him crack!

allisonmariecat said...

Beautiful sweater! It'll fit her soon enough :)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely and positively adorable. :)

Anonymous said...

Fortunately and unfortunately children just keep on growing.

No earthquakes where I am, just bush fires.

Rain said...

Aw bless she looks adorable in it. I think the oversized look is quite cute. It looks fantastic and although it's been a long time coming at least it would fit someone. I love the little fish on it.