Sunday, August 10, 2008

Glory Days


I think that this is a day I'll look back on for a long, long time and think, "Yep, just about perfect." The children were themselves enough, especially on the way home, and I lost a bit of my temper when I got accidentally soaked to the knees washing off carelessly-dropped grapes, to keep it from unrealistic perfection.

But really, introducing Eric to a beach we all love, and enjoying the wonders of low tide at the pools, and just watching the Things run around freely, was blessing upon blessing.

I even got to knit -- with pelicans!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

What a nice day! I love the starfish picture!

allisonmariecat said...

Hee! "Knitting With Pelicans" would be a great name for a rock band.

What a nice day. Lovely, lovely.

katie allison granju said...

i love the pic of you knitting on the beach!