Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Finally!

Lookie who's done!


A bit on the croppy side. Why do I think that I might have spent some profitable time with a tape measure before I started? I even lengthened this baby all over. It's going to end up being worn over a black dress, I think. The obligatory "I look really tired (because the bees are cranky and I'm having trouble knowing what to do, oh, and yes, thanks for asking, I did breathe smoke from the smoker for the last 20 minutes) and here's my tummy!" look:


But I'm at least very happy to be done:


And the back pleat turned out nicely -- still, another quick steam block might not go amiss:


But someone thinks it's going to be her sweater soon:


And she may be right.

So even though I have the sleeves and yoke for Cobblestone to go, can I cast on for my Kauni cardigan now?

12 comments:

Charity said...

Of course you can! :0) This looks really, really great. I'm so impressed with how it turned out. You look wonderful in it, and I love the back pleat!

Kate said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

The sweater's not bad, either... ;)

bfmomma said...

SO cute! (both of you--and the sweater!)

turtlegirl76 said...

It looks fantastic! Love the pleat.

I need to swatch for my Kauni.

suzee said...

It's so cuuuuuuute, as is your tummy!

And your girl is just breathtaking. Feeling better?

allisonmariecat said...

I hereby grant you permission to start Kauni :)

I love the sweater! I have had many mishaps related to failure to pull out the tape measure (pure laziness on my part), so I sympathize. I still think it's cute on you, but your lovely daughter definitely looks like she plans to poach it!

Lara said...

Swatch away!

If my tummy looked that good, I wouldn't mind it peeking out now and then. :)

Great sweater, great kid, great you!

Tammy said...

Looks great! I really like the yarn you used too.

Katherine said...

It looks great! I love that color on you. And honestly, I think it will look good over any longer shirt, with long or short sleeves. Of course, Thing 1 looks beautiful in it too (good lord that girl's nails are perfect!).

So yes, yes! Cast on as soon as possible (I'm an enabler). Kauni is gorgeous!

meg said...

It looks great on both of you (& the poppy is a nice touch) :-)

amanda j said...

Of course you may cast on! I insist!

Perhaps you guys could share the cardigan? Surely that has to be an advantage of the kids getting older? And I would take it as a massive compliment that your daughter wants to wear something you created for yourself. She obviously doesn't think you are a daggy old Mum!!

cpurl17 said...

Gorgeous! Well done!!