Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What I can change

So it's taken me some time to realize that I can do lots and lots of things -- things I would never have imagined years ago. I'm tougher in so many ways because of things I've taken on -- and things that have taken me on.

It's taken a lot longer for me to realize that there are plenty of things I can't do anything about, but not to feel paralyzed by fear and regret in the face of that. At the same time, I can always monitor my attitudes and manage them, to the best of my ability.

Which is a long and philosophical way of saying that the camera really is broken. Whatever piece is loose in there sometimes falls into place and sometimes not, but it's out again.

The attitude change part? When I realized that, 20 rows back in on the sock I'd made an extra half-leaf, and would have to rip it back, I found myself saying, "Oh, well, then I'll have all the fun of knitting it again!"

2 comments:

Matt and Allison Campbell said...

Farewell, Stefaneener's camera. We have enjoyed your lovely photos of Things and FOs and backyard life. You will be missed.

Way to focus on the glass is half full! Or the knitting needles are half full. Whatever.

allisonmariecat said...

Oops, posted from family account, in case you're wondering who the heck that is...