Thursday, May 22, 2008

Thanks a lot

To the guy who I saw running away from my car yesterday, after Thing 4 said, "There's a scary man out there!" thank you.

Thank you so much for double parking on a busy city street, getting out of your car, coming around mine, reaching into my half open passenger door window and taking my $9 CD player and complete CD version of A Hat Full of Sky.

My children and I were clearly too complacent in terms of personal security, and now we aren't. Also, we were possibly enjoying the book too much, and who knows how we might have been harmed by the adventures of one of the smartest and most interesting witches ever written.

So I hope you enjoy fencing it and buying whatever harmful stuff you plan to buy.

Thanks. A lot.

5 comments:

Lara said...

Ugh. Glad it wasn't more. But, ugh.

allisonmariecat said...

Oh, that's awful! I'm so sorry that happened to you. Bleh.

Maybe his toes will fall off or something equally horrible.

meg said...

Slime >:-(

cpurl17 said...

oh how scary. I'm glad it wasn't worse but that still sucks.

plus I'd be pissed about not knowing how the story ends.

Helen said...

that sucks.
I'm sorry you had to deal w/ it.
But ... if you saw him... did you catch his plate? you could turn him in to the coppers, who could arrest him, and make his day as bad as yours was. Might teach him to leave good books to the folks who are listening to them.