Thursday, May 29, 2008

Give me strentgh

I love toddlers.

Really, I love their big heads, I love the way they move, I love their delight in the world. People talk about the "terrible twos" and I just shake my head. The way they go from sunny to distraught quickly is probably why I also (so far) like teenagers.

Three year olds? Not my favorite people.

Lat night, in a hurry to get big sister from gymnastics, Miss I'm Almost Three got in the car and said, "How about you ride in my seat and I try driving to get her?"

That one took quite a few precious minutes to resolve. Then she yelled from her seat All. The. Way. There.

I'm not sure I'm going to make it through an entire camping weekend. I'm getting to practice lots of good self-talk and "this too, shall pass" reminders.

Time to get back into yoga.

7 comments:

suzee said...

Oh, I just can NOT stop laughing. I can just picture her, and you.

Hee hee hee hee hee.

I'm with you on the 3 thing. 3 was rough with both kids, other years have been variable.

Good luck.

suzee said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

allisonmariecat said...

Probably every age has its own special challenges, but now I'm really not looking forward to the 3s!

Charity said...

3 is rough, there's just no getting around that. :0) But then, it's over, and we're on to 4! We had the "I'm really tired, but there's no way I'm having a nap" fight today. I won, but by the end, I think I needed the nap far more than she did.

Tamami said...

I always say "Terrible Threes." Compared to Three, Two was really easy for me... But, this is the last one -- hang in there!

Marce (BrownBerry) said...

Stealing this from an earlier post
"There is much to rejoice in, even when things feel bleak inside." I think that might have to be my new mantra!!

Inhale and exhale...you've reminded me that yoga really does a body good - thanks! Maybe it's time I go back to it too.

Tusa said...

Wow! I have yet to get there but I will brace myself.