Thursday, April 9, 2009

What was I thinking?



Fortunately I could, if I wanted, take both the band and neckband off and redo them. I'm leaning toward just undoing the front band and knitting it with the yellow/bluegreen combination that the neck band is in.

Arguments for? Easier to redo only one, and I want to pick up 2-4 more stitches than I did the first time around. So doing it over would not only harmonize the colors, but ease the lack of good fit.

I'm really glad, really, that knitting is an easily-redone craft. It's not like sculpting in marble or woodworking, where the material is quite difficult to repurpose once cut or shaped. And I'm glad, on one level, that I can learn from my mistakes.

But still.

Sigh.

4 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

Yeah I think you'd be ok with only ripping out the front band. The neck band looks fine.

allisonmariecat said...

I agree--just the front band would do the trick.

The ability to undo is a godsend. You may have just nailed down why the only art/craft I do is knitting...

Samsara said...

I absolutely love the colours! :-)

NeedleDancer said...

I hate to say it... but I'd rip that band right outta there. The colors are nice, but the contrast is too stark.

sigh