Saturday, June 13, 2009

All done and off

The cardigan's finished, as of last night, and it's sitting (damply) on a judging table at the fairgrounds.


I was really unhappy with the arms -- both the sleeves and armscyes just stink. Partly my skills (I kept thinking about all the advice about poor finishing ruining a good knitting job) and partly because the sleeves were too big at the top. Too big for a good fit either on me or into the arm holes.

I may get out the sewing machine after the fair and have a go at it. It's already cut; I don't see that I can ruin it any more. But I'll ask a more experienced finisher for advice first.

It sure is pretty, though.

13 comments:

cpurl17 said...

If you don't win a Blue ribbon, I'm calling foul! Can't wait to see it at the Fair!!

Umme Yusuf said...

It's beautiful! seems perfect. Good luck with the fair.

Caffeine Girl said...

I'm in awe. It is just stunning. It's hard for me to believe that a few finishing flaws would even be noticeable. Let us know how you come out.

Charity said...

Hip, Hip, Hooray!! I think it looks amazing!

allisonmariecat said...

Absolutely gorgeous.

I'm sorry about armscye problem, though--I can really feel you on that, since I frequently have similar issues. The armscye/sleeve fit is my downfall.

Susan said...

I have to look up armscye. It is a nice word on the eyes. Good luck at the fair! We head home tomorrow. Can I still see it at the fair next week?

turtlegirl76 said...

It's so pretty! I hope you win!

String Bean said...

It's looks fantastic! Superb! If you don't like it you can send it to me. My address is...

Kristin said...

You're much to hard on yourself. I love it.

patricia said...

Who's gonna notice the armscyes with all that fabulous color and pattern?

I love the sweater. This one definitely has Park Day knit right into it.

Janis said...

It is beautiful and I miss you and the kiddos.

flacaknits said...

Congratulations on a beautiful job and on winning a Blue Ribbon at the fair. Yipeeee!

Lisa said...

Oh, my...That is stunning! I wouldn't even worry about it fitting--I'd just frame it and put it in a conspicuous place in my house!! Fabulous!