Thursday, June 4, 2009

Guess who showed up?

While I was moving camping equipment down in the basement yesterday in preparation for a weekend away, I found a shed snakeskin. It was pretty big. "Uh oh," I thought.

Then I looked up and saw 5" of tail sticking out from behind a piece of wall. I must confess, I seriously considered not telling Ellie and just letting him be -- obviously he is/was thriving! But he's not, technically, my snake. So I took a deep breath, and called her.

To her credit, she worked for about 1/2 hour, with an ice pack, a long sleeved jacket, and a lot of patient tugging, enduring being hissed at and even snapped at once, and she's got her Zipper back.




Sigh.

6 comments:

Susan said...

Ellie looks very proud to have recaptured Zipper. He looks very healthy and makes a fine choker.

Caffeine Girl said...

Does your daughter know how lucky she is to have a mom who would let her have a snake?

Tammy said...

And I thought it was just me. LOL. My 12 yo says "way to go".

Ruby Louise said...

Yay Zipper! I probably shouldn't mail you George, the 6+ foot rat snake from the backyard, then. That's ok. He might eat the chickens. :-)

Kristin said...

What a cool snake!

allisonmariecat said...

Oh, my. Was this in the job description when you signed on to motherhood?